The Archaeolological Survey of India on Friday filed a petition in the \n\nsupreme court challenging the Uttar Pradesh Sunni Wakf Board decision declaring the 17th\ncentury mughal monument Taj Mahal as Wakf property.
The deputy prime minister said the report will strengthen the party's position on the temple movement.
Three sets of the report were opened before the special/full Lucknow bench of the Allahabad high court hearing the Ram Janambhoomi-Babri Masjid title suits.
the Uttar Pradesh Sunni Central Waqf Board on Tuesday filed a caveat in the Supreme Court to prevent the ASI from taking an ex parte order on the issue.
Describing the Waqf Board decision as "not in the interest of Taj Mahal," a representative of the Archaeological Survey of India, who attended the hearing, said it would challenge it in the court of law.
The request for 15 days' time will come up before the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad high court on July 1.
"Hawkers should be removed from all protected monuments," a Division Bench comprising Chief Justice B C Patel and Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul observed.
The court said the Taj Mahal would remain open to public during moonlit nights as per schedule.
The court was hearing a petition against the stopping of prayers by devotees inside the Mughal Mosque which, according to ASI, falls within the category of protected monuments on account of being part of the Qutub complex.
The Delhi high court while hearing a petition challenging the ASI order opening up the disputed Bhojshala shrine said its counterpart in MP should decide the issue.
In what could be a turning point in the Ayodhya dispute, the Archaeological Survey of India has reported to the high court that its excavations found distinctive features of a 10th century temple beneath the Babri Mosque site.
ASI submits report on Ayodhya excavation
The special bench of the Allahabad high court also asked the Archaeological Survey of India to submit its final report by August 22.
The ASI has moved an application to that effect before the special Lucknow bench of Allahabad high court.
Following the Chola era tradition, the pontiff of the Thiruvaduthurai Aadeenam presented the sengol to the first Prime Minister of India Nehru signifying the transfer of power from the British to Indian hands.
Nearly 600 people turned up to offer prayers at the complex in Dhar district in Madhya Pradesh.
ASI officials were involved in corrupt practices in the name of conservation of monuments and were violating various laws, the petitioner's counsel said.
God is still existing in the site. Now he is in a makeshift hut. Later, he will be installed in a temple, Jayendra Saraswati.
Delhi Waqf Board chairman Amanatullah Khan in a letter to ASI director general, last week, requested for allowing namaz at the "ancient" Quwwat-ul-Islam mosque in Qutab Minor complex.
The special bench comprising Justice Sudhir Narain, Justice Rafat Alam and Justice Bhanwar Singh held ASI's application for extension of time as premature.
As the Left government in Kerala gears up to inaugurate a cultural centre at Travancore House, in the heart of the national capital, on August 4, the Travancore royal family has moved the central government and various local bodies in Delhi with a request to halt the same.
The official said the piece of the lime stucco work probably got detached from the granite slab as it could not stick properly with the previous one and fell off.
The high court further asked the Delhi Development Authority to state its stand on a batch of petitions challenging the action and also seeking a bar on the demolition till a fresh "demarcation report" is prepared.
Here are the major events that shaped the country in the past 48 hours.
A Delhi court on Tuesday sought response from the Centre and the Archeological Survey of India on a plea seeking restoration of Hindu and Jain deities and right to worship within the Qutub Minar complex, the lawyer said.
Shree Jagannath Temple Administration under the state law department, did not respond to the queries of Bolangir-based RTI activist Hemant Panda.
The ongoing Puri heritage corridor construction work might have caused damage to the 800-year-old Jagannath temple there and the state government project was being carried out without valid permission from the competent authorities, the Archaeological Survey of India on Monday informed the Orissa high court.
The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) which opened its monuments and museums on July 6 has capped visitor entry at every site from 1,000-2,500 per slot -- 9 am to 12 pm and 12 pm to 6 pm, officials said. Tickets to visit these places can be booked online.
As the cumulative vaccine doses administered in India surpassed the 100-crore mark, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya on Thursday launched a song and a film describing the efforts that went behind the launch of the world's largest COVID inoculation programme.